Our mission is to establish a leading research center applying advanced biometrics to study human development and learning. Our mission has research, educational, and community outreach components.
- Producing novel and high-quality research publications in the area of learning and development
- Affording faculty to integrate bio-behavioral measures into their work to develop novel research questions and discoveries. This may:
- Create higher impact and visibility for publications
- Allow to play into more external funding opportunities
- Utilizing state-of-the-art neuroscientific, psychophysiological, and biomedical measurement technologies, such as:
- Eye tracking
- Stimulating interdisciplinary collaborations with faculty and students from different colleges and departments, such as:
- Computer sciences
- Health and biomedical sciences
- Education and psychology.
- Inform educators, clinicians, and social scientists of the strengths and weaknessess of neurobiological measures.
- Providing attractive learning opportunities for existing and prospective students at Texas A&M, such as:
- Manipulation of various bio-behavioral measures (through workshops)
- Use of innovative analytical techniques
- Understanding of underlying theory (through seminars and courses)
COMMUNITY OUTREACH MISSION
- Translating outcomes of research into real-world applications in collaboration with clinics, schools, and businesses. This may lead to:
- Improved diagnosis and characterization of people with learning difficulties and disability
- Better prevention and intervention
- Optimized learning conditions through teaching or technology