- Producing novel and high-quality research publications in the area of learning and development.
- Affording faculty to integrate bio-behavioral measures into their work to develop novel research questions and discoveries. This may create higher impact and visibility for publications and allow to play into more external funding opportunities.
- Utilizing state-of-the-art neuroscientific, psychophysiological, and biomedical measurement technologies, such as EEG, Psychophysiology, and Eye tracking.
- Stimulating interdisciplinary collaborations with faculty and students from different colleges, such as Engineering, Computer Sciences, Health and Biomedical Sciences, Education and Psychology.
- Inform educators, clinicians, and social scientists of the strengths and weaknesses of neurobiological measures.
Providing attractive learning opportunities for existing and prospective students at Texas A&M, such as:
- Manipulation of various bio-behavioral measures (through workshops),
- Use of innovative analytical techniques, and
- Understanding of underlying theory (through seminars and courses).
Community Outreach Mission
Translating outcomes of research into real-world applications in collaboration with clinics, schools, and businesses.
This may lead to:
- Improved diagnosis and characterization of people with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Better prevention and intervention.
- Optimized learning conditions through teaching or technology.